Re: [Groff] Setting page and paper size

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Setting page and paper size
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 16:38:41 +0100 (CET)

> a.) Set the overall paper/page size of, for example DVI, in the
>     source itself
> b.) Set different sizes for different pages.

For DVI, both is possible (I'm actually suprised that this works :-)

  .\" Our new paper size (A4 landscape).
  .ds paper a4l
  .
  .\" Explicitly reload macro package so that the
  .\" paper formats are available.
  .mso papersize.tmac
  .
  .\" Set the physical paper dimensions.  The \special
  .\" command in the DVI file needs centimeters as
  .\" `cm', not `c', thus the appended `m'.
  .device papersize=\*[paper-a4-length]m,\*[paper-a4-width]m

  This is A4 landscape.

  .bp
  .\" Now change the physical paper dimensions.
  .device papersize=\*[paper-a5-width]m,\*[paper-a5-length]m

  This is A5 seascape.

If you process this with, say, dvipdfmx, you get a PDF with properly
changing paper sizes.