Re: [Groff] Setting page and paper size

From: Cedric Sodhi
Subject: Re: [Groff] Setting page and paper size
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 17:30:12 +0100

Hello Werner,

thank you very much for your reply! I think I don't really understand
the difference between "papersize" and "physical paper dimensions". I
don't see how the two could possibly be different, is this something
that has do with devices that are not DVI? If I think of a DVI/PDF I
imagine a page of a certain size (like what I would see when opening it
with a pdf viewer) and I can print that, and it prints like what I see.

Or is it not even related to printing? I'm a little confused.

PS: I take it there is no easy way to "manually" set the papersize to
X inch x Y inch? I've tried figuring out how papersize.tmac works but
it's a little complicated for me to recognize where the "crucial
command" takes place in the tmac.

Cedric