Re: [Groff] Setting page and paper size

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Setting page and paper size
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 19:02:29 +0100 (CET)

>> The logical paper dimensions within groff are set with .ll and .pl.
>> However, this doesn't take into account how large the `real' paper
>> is $(Q#|(B you can say
>>
>>   .ll 200c
>>   .pl 300in
>>
>> and groff is still happy.  The real, physical paper size is only
>> relevant for the drivers.
>
> Doen't work all that well, when I try to compile [...]

Compile what?  Example, please.  The error indicates a macro problem.

> And when I add the .device instruction I get
>
> grops:<standard input> (<standard input>):
> 19: X command without `ps:' tag ignored

I told you that the stuff I've sent to the list works with -Tdvi only.
It's not possible to change the paper size within a document if you
use -Tps.  For grops, you have to specify the physical paper
dimensions on the command line (for example, `-P-pa4' as an argument
to `groff').