Re: [Groff] computer modern fonts in EQN with Tps?

From: Hongzheng Wang
Subject: Re: [Groff] computer modern fonts in EQN with Tps?
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 23:42:31 +0800

Thank you very much!  Especially for the detailed instruments you provided.

Yes, I know.  Even in TeX community, there is also a suggestion to
avoid mixing Times and CM
fonts. e.g., the document psnfss2e.pdf.  I prefer to mixing them is
due to twofold reasons:
First, it is still the requirement of some publishers.  For instance,
some journals of IEEE like yet
this style: Times for text and CM for formula.
Secondly, it may be a personal taste.  I don't like the appearance of
many mathematical characters
in Times, such as int, sum etc.  The corresponding symbols in CM look
more elegant.

Anyway, thank you for your help.  I will try it :-)

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 5:46 PM, Tadziu Hoffmann
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I strongly recommend against doing this (using Computer Modern for
> the math and Times for the body text).  This is what the "times"

HZ