Re: [Groff] computer modern fonts in EQN with Tps?

From: Robert Goulding
Subject: Re: [Groff] computer modern fonts in EQN with Tps?
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 14:19:52 -0400

One other point.  From man grodvi:

       Special fonts are MI (cmmi10), S (cmsy10), EX  (cmex10),  SC  (cmtex10,
       only  for  CW),  and,  perhaps surprisingly, TR, TI, and CW, due to the
       different font encodings of text fonts.  For italic fonts, CWI is  used
       instead of CW.

       Finally,  the  symbol  fonts  of  the American Mathematical Society are
       available as special fonts SA (msam10)  and  SB  (msbm10).   These  two
       fonts are not mounted by default.

A *lot* of mathematical characters are made available in the dvi
backend; you should be able to typeset equations just as rich and
complex as those in TeX.  (You'll need to define eqn directives for
them, of course, and play around with spacing etc.)