Re: [Groff] nroff vs. troff conditional using escapes?

From: Michael(tm) Smith
Subject: Re: [Groff] nroff vs. troff conditional using escapes?
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 17:38:22 +0900

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>, 2008-02-26 09:33 +0100:

> > Hence my question about whether there really is no way I could use a
> > set of escapes instead of a request...
>
> No, there is really no way to have a user-defined escape.  If you want
> that, please use TeX.  :-)

I'm not prepared yet for for that level of pain and suffering :)

Anyway, now that Clarke pointed out to me what I can do with \c, I
think I can manage to get it to work. Though speaking of pain and
suffering, dealing with a whitespace issue like the one this case
creates when generating output from XSLT is not much fun at all.

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith
http://people.w3.org/mike/