[Groff] Modifying hyphenation rules?

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: [Groff] Modifying hyphenation rules?
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 10:11:18 -0500

The documentation I maintain references literally hundreds of MIB variables,
with names like "pktcMtaDevRealmTable" (and that's one of the shorter ones).
Groff tried to make educated guesses at hyphenating these things when they hit
the end of the line (as they do far too often), but often breaks in the wrong
place
(like "pktcMtaD-evRealmTable").

Using .hw works OK, but like I said, there are hundreds of these suckers. Is
there
any way to tell Groff that hyphenating at any '[a-z][A-Z]' junction is OK?

-- Larry