Re: [Groff] Rules drawn with \D are rounded

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] Rules drawn with \D are rounded
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 13:33:10 -0400

On Mon, Jul 17, 2006, Tadziu Hoffmann wrote:
> (By the way, I've also added a line "DEFS /BPhook known { DEFS
> begin BPhook end } if" to BP, which lets me define a custom
> Postscript beginning-of-page function BPhook in the document
> (with "ps: def") that gets executed before groff prints anything
> on the page.  This is useful for watermarks or colored
> backgrounds.)

Can you explain in more detail?  I'd like to be able to take care of
ps linecaps and whatnot once only in the om.tmac file, i.e. without
having to jump through hoops to ensure that each new page doesn't
require setting them again.  (I'm a bit surprised that the prologue
file sets linecap and friends in BP.  To my way of thinking, these
decisions, once made, are likely to be expected to carry throughout
a document.)

--
Peter Schaffter