Re: [Groff] Rules drawn with \D are rounded

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] Rules drawn with \D are rounded
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:12:36 -0400

On Mon, Jul 10, 2006, Ted Harding wrote:
> On 09-Jul-06 Peter Schaffter wrote:
> > 1.  What is the rational behind groff's drawing rounded caps on
> >     rules, and rounded corners on unfilled polygons?
>
> I don't know but I set out some considerations below.

Very useful.  Thanks.

> > 2.  Can this behaviour be changed in user space?
>
> Yes. There are raw PostScript commands, 'setlinejoin', 'setlinecap'
> and 'setmiterlimit' relevant to it (info quoted from the PostScript
> Language Reference Manual or "Red Book"):

Again, thanks.  Exactly what I needed.  Also a reminder to think
out of the box.  I've become so accustomed to groff doing exactly
what I expect with respect to PostScript output that I completely
overlooked issuing commands directly to the interpreter.  Good
thing I'm going on vacation in a couple of weeks.  Obviously need
it. :)

> Hoping this helps

Tremendously.

--