Re: [Groff] gtroff & soelim don't recognize ~ in paths

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] gtroff & soelim don't recognize ~ in paths
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 10:00:25 -0400

Werner LEMBERG asked, perhaps rhetorically:

Why on earth do you expect tilde expansion
within groff?

I'm used to it working in vi(m) and I seem to remember it working in awk. I've also seen it work in X11-based file dialogs. Over time, I suppose I've come to assume that ~ was a Un*x idiom rather than a shell idiom.

Do this instead:

  .so \V[HOME]/Library/XSL/html2ms.xsl

That should do it -- thanks for the pointer. I really need to get a cheat sheet together....

--
Larry Kollar     k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
Unix Text Processing: "UTP Revival"