RE: [Groff] Adding fonts to groff -- instructions?

From: Ted Harding
Subject: RE: [Groff] Adding fonts to groff -- instructions?
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 14:37:13 -0000 (GMT)

On 13-Mar-06 Robert Marks wrote:
> Ted suggests adding the font to /font/devps/DESC (see below).
> What is the purpose of this?
> I haven't done it and things seem to work, but perhaps I'm missing
> something.
>
>>From: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
>>Subject: RE: [Groff] Adding fonts to groff -- instructions?
>>
>>10. Edit /usr/share/groff/font/devps/DESC as follows:
>>
>>    a) increment the font-count by 1 (the number immediately after
>>       "fonts" in the line starting "fonts");
>>    b) append the fontfile-name XIPA10 to the list of fonts in the
>>       same line.

Only the font *name*, of course. The effect of including the
font name in the "fonts" line of the DESC file is to enable
font-position numbering for that font. It has no other purpose
as far as I know, and if it is irrelevant for you then I suppose
it does no harm to leave it out. However, doing so has no adverse
effects, and if you ever should need position numbering then it
is available if you have already added it. So why not?

Best wishes,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861