Re: [Groff] pdfroff broken?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] pdfroff broken?
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 06:57:19 +0100 (CET)

> I've now implemented a `--keep-temporary-files' option in CVS pdfroff;
> `--keep' is an acceptable abbreviation, (as indeed would be `--k').

Thanks.  I have one more request.  Currently, I see the following
during a `make' for pdfmark.pdf, and I would like to find out the
reason for it:

  grops:<standard input>:594: lines in X exec command must not be
                              more than 255 characters long
  grops:<standard input>:2723: lines in X exec command must not be
                               more than 255 characters long
  grops:<standard input>:3746: lines in X exec command must not be
                               more than 255 characters long
  grops:<standard input>:7769: lines in X exec command must not be
                               more than 255 characters long
  grops:<standard input>:22855: lines in X exec command must not be
                                more than 255 characters long

[I compile groff outside of the source directory in
 `/usr/local/home/cjk/groff/groff.compiled' which probably causes
 overlong lines in \X.  Or maybe this is simply a bug.]

Can you add an option to the script, say, -V, to emit the called
commands sequences instead of executing them?  This allows me to walk
through all commands step by step.]

> As usual, adding the necessary documentation to the manpage needed
> more effort than the actual implementation ;-)

I know that too well.