[Groff] gs, gv

From: mikkel meinike
Subject: [Groff] gs, gv
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 15:57:22 +0000

Hallow agan

I have now installed gs and the viewer gv on my BL3 system but when I
try to see a ps file I can't do that I get an error messages
gv alphabet.ps

The xterm window display
Warning: ... fund while parding '<key>apLineDel:
GV_Page(page+5)
Warning: Unable to load any usable fontset

The gv windows Oppens and this massages pups up
Ghost Script Massages
unknown device: x11

So it looks like the problem is in the settings of gs. I found out
that my ghost script that is from slackware4 as default sent the
output to CLI svgalib.
gs alphabet.ps
from an X11 xterm does: Black screen some fast massages about svgalib
and something about buss error and than fall back to X11 with

svgalib: allocated virtual console #5

How can I change the settings so it will use X11 and I assume the X11
fonts, and so that gv can display my ps files? and also I have a very
low screen 480x600 should I set a special resolution for this screen
or will that work out automatically with the vga16 server
/Mikkel

/Mikkel