Re: [Groff] Re: Introduction

From: Alejandro López-Valencia
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: Introduction
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 08:45:05 -0500

On 10/24/05, D. E. Evans wrote:

> So again, a *GNU* user will be looking to info everytime, not a
> man page.  As a BSD user, I would look to a man page everytime,
> since man is the default for BSD (as for any other UNIX platform).
> The irony of groff as a GNU project is not lost on me.

I'm sorry, but I can't help but smile with a bit of, *cough*.. See,
that sentence of yours reminds me of the purity tests that were so
popular in the 80's. Bet you would score perfect in the 1500 questions
purity test. ;-)

The readers here, most of us at least, have already lived long enough
to understand the I-Ching[1], thusly we rather be pragmatic than pure.

[1] When the Master reached his 80th brithday he was asked what he
wanted the most. Kung-tzu answered: "I would like to live 40 years
more. I began understanding the I-Ching 40 years ago and I know that I
need 40 years more to start to master it." Well, something like that.
I don't know where is my copy of the Analects these days. :-)

--
Alejandro López-Valencia