Re: [Groff] poll: which macro packages are in common use / and why.

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] poll: which macro packages are in common use / and why.
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 19:28:54 -0400

If you don't want to roll up a custom tack-on to -ms, then I guess -mm is your
best bet. UTP covers the basics of -mm, but doesn't get into the real
nitty-gritty. For example, I recreated the layout style we use for
documentation at work (currently in FrameMaker) by hacking up new HX/HY/HZ
macros.

I started working on some "Hacking -mm" documentation a while ago, but it got
pushed down the stack by other writing projects.

But if you're writing short documents, and you need HTML output as well as
printed/PS/PDF, your best bet is to do a little -ms hacking. Check my website
-- http://home.alltel.net/kollar/groff/ -- I've put up an example paper (and a
tarball of the source files) that might give you some ideas of how to proceed.
Another "I'll get to this someday" project is to hack grohtml support into -mm.

     Larry (on vacation)