[Groff] groff mailman problems

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] groff mailman problems
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 16:55:48 +0200 (CEST)

Dear groffers,

as you all know, there are serious problems with the administration of
the groff mailing list which I unfortunately can't fix currently (as
written already, I plan to move the list to lists.gnu.org as soon as
the FSF people have installed Bayesian filters).

Besides getting spam, there is also the opposite problem (which
happens almost daily for me): Some viruses, pretending to be sent from
a groff mailing list member to the mailman administration interface,
can set the `nomail' attribute!  This means that while you are still
subscribed to the groff mailing list, you won't receive any emails.

I've now manually reset this flag for all list members, and I
apologize in advance for the incovenience that you have to set it
again if you really want to.  On the other hand, there are probably
some subscribers who actually want to read mails but haven't received
any for a longer time due to this problem.  If this is true please
check the mailing list archive for previous mails.