Re: [Groff] weird ASCII formatting output

From: MARSHALL Keith
Subject: Re: [Groff] weird ASCII formatting output
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 10:06:30 +0100

>> It probably doesn't matter what the file is called or whether its
>> contents are considered release notes or not.  However there should
>> be something in the INSTALL or README files which points people at
>> the file containing "recent user-visible changes in groff".  After
>> all these are the two files that anyone installing groff can be
>> guaranteed to read.
>
> From the README:
>
>   See the file INSTALL for installation instructions.  You will
>   require a C++ compiler.
>
>   The file NEWS describes recent user-visible changes to groff.
>
> Isn't that sufficient?

IMHO it certainly *should* be.  It may not be as comprehensive as we
might like, but it is the nearest thing to formal release notes that
we currently provide, which is why I described it as such -- although
I was originally referring to the copy of the NEWS file content which
appears on the home page of the groff web site.

Best regards,
Keith.