Re: [Groff] weird ASCII formatting output

From: jim
Subject: Re: [Groff] weird ASCII formatting output
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 11:57:15 +0100

    Keith> Alejandro has already provided the definitive answer to
    Keith> this, which BTW is also documented on the groff web site,
    Keith> http://groff.ffii.org (see the release notes for 'grotty'
    Keith> in v1.18 -- particularly -- and also in v1.19).

Indeed he did. Though it's a pity the Release Notes are in a file
called "NEWS".

    Keith> Presumably, since you are now looking at manpages, you have
    Keith> solved your earlier problem with the inaccessibility of
    Keith> DESC files.  Would you care to share your solution?

I haven't solved that problem: I ignored it. The mystery of the hidden
DESC file remains. That problem arises when building the mom macros.
Since these don't matter to me, I just installed the rest of 1.19.1
and will get back to this problem when I can find the time and energy
to debug it.