Re: [Groff] [bug] .trin ceased to function?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] [bug] .trin ceased to function?
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 23:01:56 +0100 (CET)

> Sir, I do not doubt that it works for you, yet I still maintain,
  that it does not work for me. Please see/display the attached .ps
  file, since I am a Postscript illiterate.

A look into the PS file shows that the following font is used

  Ryumin-Light-EUC-H

printing the string

  <8FAAF6>

With other words, \[vZ] is mapped to the multibyte sequence `0x8F 0xAA
0xF6', representing Ž in the Japanese character set JIS 0213 (using
EUC encoding).

You have to disable multibyte support for groff!  This is a Debian
extension (not maintained by me); provided that your locale is set
correctly, it shouldn't be activated automatically.  If it still is,
file a bug report to the Debian people.