Re: [Groff] UTP ducoment translation, bloatware, and MS Offfice

From: Richard Loken
Subject: Re: [Groff] UTP ducoment translation, bloatware, and MS Offfice
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:12:33 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Rob Scovell wrote:

> The test for bloat vis a vis groff is whether it gets more useful as it
> gets bigger -- and if it can still run in its most minimalist form on
> machines dating back to the days of Babbage.

That is an excellant measure.  I have been an Emacs user for 15 years and it
runs just fine on my 16Mbyte VAXstation 3100 or my 75MHz Pentium but it is
just slightly smaller than a Lincoln Navigator.  Big is not always bloat.
---
   Richard Loken VE6BSV, Systems Programmer - VMS
   Athabasca University
   Athabasca, Alberta Canada
   ** address@hidden **