[Groff] Mom 1.1.3 released

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: [Groff] Mom 1.1.3 released
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 22:28:02 -0400

Hi.

While the mail server was down, I announced the 1.1.3 release of mom.
Twice. :(

Mom 1.1.3 adds endnotes to the list of things you can do with mom.
>From the user's perspective, endnotes are entered the same way as
footnotes, i.e.

    .ENDNOTE
    <text of endnote>
    .ENDNOTE OFF

The chief differences between the two, other than that footnotes appear
at the bottom of the page and endnotes appear at the ends of docs,
are:

1.  Endnotes are always marked with superior digits (no star/dagger
    markers), which makes it possible to have both endnotes and
    footnotes in a document -- if anyone would ever want such a thing.

2.  Endnotes MUST be output explicitly.  This makes it possible to
    attach endnotes to the ends of sections in a multi-section, collated
    documents, or have them gathered all together at the very end of the
    document.

The formatting and style of endnotes is managed through the use of
endnote control macros, similar in style to mom's control macros for
other document tags.

In addition to endnotes, 1.1.3 fixes a number of bugs and contains
updates and corrections to the html documentation.

I've sent the patches for 1.1.3 to Werner, but if you want to give
1.1.3 a try without getting it from the repository, a gzipped tarball
is available at

    http://www.ncf.ca/~df191/mom.html

Enjoy!

--
PTPi
Peter Schaffter

A confirmed GNU/Linuxer. Sorry, I don't do Windows.