Re: [Groff] Preprocessor

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Preprocessor
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 16:30:56 +0100 (CET)

> I wrote a preprocessor for the coming Groff.  This converts
> standard input or a file from specified encoding to UTF-8.

Very nice!  I'll put it into the CVS (please send me the code
privately again -- I believe that some tabs have been incorrectly
converted to spaces, causing wrong indentation).  Which name of the
preprocessor do you suggest?

> Non-internationalized version supports the following encodings as input:
>  - latin1 (aka ISO-8859-1)
>  - ebcdic
>  - utf-8 (i.e. no conversion)

Please note that there is more than one EBCDIC encoding.  I suggest
that you stay with `cp1047' as the default.

> Encoding for input is determined by
>  - command line
>  - special token in the input
>  - default

Can you add a small man page?

Thanks a lot for your contribution!  Unfortunately, I still don't have
enough time to start with Unicode support in groff -- I first have to
finalize FreeType 2.0...