Re: [Groff] Switching Page Orientation.

From: Kees Zeelenberg
Subject: Re: [Groff] Switching Page Orientation.
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 21:12:29 +0100

Enclosed are ms-macros for starting and ending landscape-mode. After a call to
LA, all input is
set in landscape until EA is encountered. I have used them successfully to
rotate a full page
with wide tables; only the page heading is printed in portrait, as it should be
in an otherwise
portrait printed paper. The main problem is not switching to landscape (to do
this, simply
insert the string given at the top), but to ensure that the text is printed at
the right place.
You should space down to the left-hand upper corner of the block that must be
rotated, and
increase the page-length with this amount (since troff knows nothing about the
switch to
landscape). The macros use a separate environment to achieve this. It would be
more general to
divert the text, and use the width and the height of the diversion to measure
the amount of
spacing.
The macros are for ms, but the basics will probably remain the same for mm.

Kees