gpsd-users

Re: ppp averaging and circular error of probability

From: Hans Mayer
Subject: Re: ppp averaging and circular error of probability
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 09:12:24 +0200

Yo Gary,

many thanks for you feedback.

UBX-NAV-SAT knows nothing of multuiple signals (l1 & L2, etc.  It is
only for back compatility.  The new UBX-NAV-SIG is for use with the
newer signals.

That is confusing gpsd.  You need to configure your u-blox
properly.
I will try to do so.
You can use ubxtool to fine tune the u-blox setting.  Non-trivial, but
the examples work.

I don't own the ZED-F9P very long. Therefore I didn't reconfigure the u-blox very much. But if I understand your documentation correct it's almost always possible to reset the device and bring it into a default setup.

The only concern I have, if I change the speed and something goes wrong, how to communicate with the device.

What I do not understand completely, why do we see the satellite
statistics if gpsprof is connected to gpsd but not if gpsdecode is
reading the raw file?
They are different programs that do different things.  Hard enough to
get the gpsd clients to work with good data, much less bad data.  Feel
free to dig deeper if you wish.

Can you remind me how your are running gpsd?

/usr/local/sbin/gpsd -G -n -s 38400 /dev/serial0 /dev/pps0

commit 24616036ca687289e80fdb9e0cf6e44ecda2585f

And I see I am several commits behind.

// Hans