gpsd-users

Re: Build results on just-released Debian 64bit for Raspberry Pi

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Build results on just-released Debian 64bit for Raspberry Pi
Date: Sat, 30 May 2020 15:47:45 -0700

Yo Paul!

On Sat, 30 May 2020 14:12:15 -0700
Paul Theodoropoulos via <gpsd-users@nongnu.org> wrote:

> I don't have a spare gps HAT to test with,

Uputronics has generously offered to send my a prototype of their new HAT.
Could take weeks to get to me.  When I get it, I'll send you my old HAT
if you'll test with it.

> Build process output:  https://pastebin.com/3fBALGYy

Not too bad, but...

scons is running under Python version: 2.7.16.final.0

Ouch.  Python 2.7 is past EOL, and in a new release?

Did you read the build procedure first?

Checking for C header file sys/timepps.h... no

Uh, oh.  Broken PPS.  Missing delendency, easy to fix, you missed pps-tools.
So not good for time service.

Checking pkg-config for libusb-1.0... no

Broken support for early Garmins.

Checking that xsltproc can make man pages... no

No man pages.

Checking pkg-config for gtk+-3.0... no

xgps and xgpsspeed will not be built.

RGDS