gpsd-users

Re: GPSD - NTRIP Client

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: GPSD - NTRIP Client
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2020 15:35:41 -0500

As you probably know, the RTCM specs are not freely available and very
expensive.

gpsd has parsers for some of the rtcm2 and rtcm3 messages.  There are
some messages for which it doesn't have parsers; I've seen some fail to
decode when using MaCORS (run by the Massachusetts Department of
Transportation).   Help in writing decoders would be appreciated.

I believe that gpsd just pipes the bitstream to the F9P, without being
upset that it can't decode all the messages.  In particular MSM is a
newish message and it wouldn't surprise me if that isn't supported.

(I have been using MaCORS, and trying various stream types, both with
RTCM2 for regular differential and with various RTCM3 on an Emlid Reach,
which is basically an Intel Edison (x86) with an M8T and RTKLIB.)

> gpsd:ERROR: ntrip stream connect error -2 in req probe

I should have said - read the source code and find this message and see
what it's doing.