gpsd-users

Re: GPSD - NTRIP Client

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: GPSD - NTRIP Client
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2020 12:23:00 -0800

Yo address@hidden!

On Thu, 9 Jan 2020 12:57:05 -0500
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I have been using GPSD for the past 5 year with a u-blox GPS and have
> been pleased with the performance.

Cool.

> GPSD (Version 3.17 )  was installed from app-get

A bit long in the tooth.  3.20 is current.  3.17 is before the F9P
was a thing, so support for newer features of the F9P do not exist.

> We are using the F9P so that the system can get to RTK accuracy.

Consumer RTK has been around for well over a decade.  My experience with
the F9P accuracy is a bit disappointing.  Good, but does not match
the hype.

> For RTK base-station reference the project will be using NTRIP
> casters. Since we are in NewYork the initial testing is using the NYS
> CORS network.

That will be a problem.  the F9P needs proprietary RTCM messages that
are not part of CORS.

> I have been able to use the U-Center application  (
> ublox software)   and connect to the CORS network and push this data
> to the F9P.

No need for u-center with gpsd 3.20.

> gpsd:ERROR: initial GPS device
> ntrip://UUUUUUUUU:address@hidden:8082/NYPF open failed

Just as it says: "open failed".  Either your URL is wrong, or the
handshake is wrong.  That URL does not look right to me.  gpsd
needs a full ntrip URL, not an autonegotiate URL.

> gpsd -n /dev/ttyACM0
> ntrip://UUUUUUUUUUUU:address@hidden:8082/NYPF -N -D 5     (
> username and password are filled out correctly )

The URL still looks short to me, and without a working u/p, no way we
can test independently.

> How can I get gpsd to use the NTRIP data from NYS CORS?

Figure out the full URL.

> If you need more information let me know.

The u/p would help.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588