gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] gpsd systemd troubleshooting: Third Draft

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] gpsd systemd troubleshooting: Third Draft
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 15:34:17 -0800

Yo Charles!

On Mon, 4 Nov 2019 15:58:31 -0700
Charles Curley <address@hidden> wrote:

> > First you say "gpsd must [be] running" then "it is helpful to know
> > that gpsd is running,"
> >
> > Which is it?  "must [be]" or "helpful to know"?
>
> Good catch, thank you. See the attached diff.

Now you say:

"gpsd must be installed, running and reading from the GPS receiver."

If that is true, you do not need to trouble shoot!

> > Some of the styling, like: "systemctl status gpsd" is funky when
> > rendered.
>
> Yup. The systemd on line docs let you deep link, which is really nice.
> So I did that for systemctl commands. I agree, it looks funky. Either
> we drop the deep links, leave it alone, or someone tackles the CSS
> file. On a quick look at main.css, I don't see anything obvious.
> What's your preference?

My preference is for something better, not sure the best way to do that.
Maybe reword the text so the links are separate from the commands
you expect the user to type.  Maybe use references to a bibliography.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588