gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] gpsd systemd troubleshooting: Third Draft

From: Charles Curley
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] gpsd systemd troubleshooting: Third Draft
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 15:58:31 -0700

On Mon, 4 Nov 2019 14:18:33 -0800
"Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yo Charles!
>
> On Sun, 3 Nov 2019 13:32:35 -0700
> Charles Curley <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > A few minor tweaks, including some spelling errors.
>
> Thanks!  In the absense of any comments on this I have just pushed it
> to git head.

Thank you.

> It is live, here:
>       https://gpsd.io/troubleshooting.html#systemdtroubleshooting
>
> A few editorial comments:
>
> "gpsd must running and reading from the GPS receiver. For general gpsd
> debugging, it is helpful to know that gpsd is running,"
>
> First you say "gpsd must [be] running" then "it is helpful to know
> that gpsd is running,"
>
> Which is it?  "must [be]" or "helpful to know"?

Good catch, thank you. See the attached diff.

> Some of the styling, like: "systemctl status gpsd" is funky when
> rendered.

Yup. The systemd on line docs let you deep link, which is really nice.
So I did that for systemctl commands. I agree, it looks funky. Either
we drop the deep links, leave it alone, or someone tackles the CSS
file. On a quick look at main.css, I don't see anything obvious. What's
your preference?

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?