gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Using "gpsctl -x" while gpsd is running

From: Joshua Quesenberry
Subject: [gpsd-users] Using "gpsctl -x" while gpsd is running
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 13:35:12 -0400

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Is there a way to use gpsctl to run a command on the GPS receiver while the GPS receiver is captured by gpsd?

I’m trying to change the rate of uBlox device using the command:

gpsctl -t u-blox -x '\x06\x08\xC8\x00\x01\x00\x01\x00' /dev/gps0

This works fine when gpsd is not running, but when gpsd is running (ps aux shows: /usr/sbin/gpsd -N -G -n -D 1 -F /var/run/gpsd.sock /dev/gps0) I get these errors:

gpsctl:ERROR: device open of /dev/gpsHEL0 failed: Device or resource busy - retrying read-only

gpsctl:ERROR: read-only device open of /dev/gpsHEL0 failed: Device or resource busy

gpsctl:ERROR: initial GPS device /dev/gpsHEL0 open failed

Thanks,

Josh Q