gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] gpsd WATCH_RAW

From: Roger Oberholtzer
Subject: [gpsd-users] gpsd WATCH_RAW
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 11:54:30 +0000

If I read from gpsd in WATCH_RAW mode, do I get all NMEA sentences no matter if gpsd recognizes them? Specifically, I am using GPS receivers that have an embedded IMU. These provide a PASHR sentence that reports things like roll and pitch.

I currently read direct from the GPS via the serial port. But I now want to share the GPS with Navit and chrony. So I am considering gpsd. But I still need the original NMEA sentences in an application: I would like to get whatever arrived on the serial port, warts and all.

Roger Oberholtzer

Ramböll RST

Office: +46 (0)10-615 6020
Mobile: +46 (0)70-815 1696