gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Help needed : reading data from two ttyUSB devices

From: Victor Klein
Subject: [gpsd-users] Help needed : reading data from two ttyUSB devices
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 18:54:54 +0200

I installed gpsd on a tp-link mr3020 router running an embedded linux
provided by openwrt.org.

It runs fine, but reads data only from the first device.

I have a sirf-gps with 4800 baud and a second FTDI-USD-Serial-Converter
delivering AIS-data with 38400 baud
connected to the linux box.

I start the gpsd as a daemon with gpsd -G /dev/ttyUSB0 cause I want to read
the data from another client.

My problem is as follows:

The gpsd reads the data from first device, both sirf-gps oder AIS run when
plugged first and recognized on /dev/ttyUSB0
I can telnet to the box, send a ?WATCH{"enable":true,"raw":1}
After some time ( about 20 second for the gps , about 3 minutes for the AIS,
takes longer cause the gpsd has to recognise that data come with 38400 bps)
valid nmea messages show up in the terminal.

But the data of the second source which is bound to /dev/ttyUSB1 is not
transfered.

The gpsd Version 2.6 ith was installed via the package-manager opkg

I studied the documentation but I did not find a hint how configure gpsd to
work with data from the second device

If I start the gpsd with debug options like gpsd -N -n -G /dev/ttyUSB0 data
is onlx read from the first box,
I can confirm, that both a recognized and bound to ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1

help appreciated