gpsd-dev

Re: news-to-me sparkfun product and reciever

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: news-to-me sparkfun product and reciever
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 16:34:16 -0700

Yo Greg!

On Sun, 05 May 2024 18:58:55 -0400
Greg Troxel <gdt@lexort.com> wrote:

> Just came across this on the web.  triband RTK receiver with antenna,
> tilt compensation.  Uses a GNSS receiver module I had not heard of.
> Posted simply because I thought a high fraction of you would want to
> know it exists.

I have seen module with a similar UNicore part (UM960?) for about $30.
Not bought one yet because I could not find the doc on the protocol.
Of course now I can't find the cheap one.

Here is a UM980 module for $130:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806294658738.html

Same price as a ZED-F9P, and no better specs.

> https://www.sparkfun.com/products/25662

$1,499 !!  Ouch.

But a link to the Unicore doc I needed.

> https://en.unicore.com/products/surveying-grade-gnss-um980/

I've been to that site, but could not find the protocol doc.

> also more conventionally (F9P in a box, POE powered, coax and
> antenna):
>
> https://www.sparkfun.com/products/22429

Only $700....

I don't see why so expensive.  The specs are not better than the
ALLYSTAR.  OTOH, the ALLYSTAR documentation is insufficient to
fully  use their part.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588