gomp-discuss

RE: [Gomp-discuss] IR hooks ...

From: S. Bosscher
Subject: RE: [Gomp-discuss] IR hooks ...
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 15:30:25 +0200

IR == Intermediate Representation

An intermediate representation basically is just a (set
of) datastructure(s) a compiler uses internally to perform
operations (checks, transformations, etc) on.  A parse tree
is an intermediate representation, and so is an abstract
syntax tree in normal or SSA form (or any other form for
that matter).

Example: GCC's trees and RTL, or WHIRL which is used in the
SGI Pro64 and all its derivatives.
(BTW [OT] Pop, does MIPSPro use WHIRL too?).

Greetz
Steven