gomp-discuss

Re: [Gomp-discuss] IR hooks ...

From: Pop Sébastian
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] IR hooks ...
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 14:58:23 +0200

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 02:12:17PM +0200, Lars Segerlund wrote:

>  There seem's to have been a diskussion on IR hooks on the gcc list,
> does anyone know if anything about this is apiable to us ?
>
>  It looked rather neat, but I don't have a complete grasp of the IR yet.

Langhooks are used for handling differences between the front-ends:
for example the hooks structure includes the name of the language, ...,
and pointers to functions that have to be specific to a front-end.
This is how we will handle differences of OMP semantics (if any) between
the C, C++, and Fortran.

I have to use a similar mechanism for the CFG at tree/rtl level because
the C does not provide polymorphism, but basically hooks are close to this
concept.

Sebastian