gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] <DAEMON> gomd testing / 3dmosmon testing

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] <DAEMON> gomd testing / 3dmosmon testing
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 11:55:38 +0200

Hey Johnny,

On Samstag 26 Juli 2003 17:39, Johnny Cache wrote:
> > Matt
> > .... now figthing with ogre again to get the new 3dmosmon running ;P
>
> Heheh, ive been playing with ogre for almost 6 months now. I can probably
> help with whatever the problem is. I do hope you have gcc 3.x, otherwise
> its a very tedious process.

yep, good hint. I first tried it at the weekend on one of my
Redhat 7.3 systems which ends in updating lots of packages
and still horrible compile errors :|
On another system (Redhat 8.0) it compiled much better than (just the ogre was
problematic because of lots of dependencies)

Ok, 3dmosmon compiled ok, started ok but i did not see the gui yet ......
Everything looks ok, no errors and the binary did not crash but the gui
did not come up. I ran it from a remote node with the display
environment set correctly (and local xhost+...).
Is it required to run on a local X ? Do i need a special graphic-adapter ?
... more ram/cpu ?     (was a pIII/1ghz)
... do i need the "old" mosstatd daemon ?

Maybe you have some hints on that ?