Re: Subversion problems on windows

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Subversion problems on windows
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 20:05:59 +0000

On 9 Feb 2006, at 14:38, Jeremy Bettis wrote:

Derek Zhou wrote:
Andrew Ruder <address@hidden> writes:
Yes. The svn:eol-native property needs to be removed from the files. I can do this, but I am curious which data files it is messing up? But if none of the files need this property (I was under the impression it was standard operation with CVS), I will go through and remove them all.
Yes, remove them all! All sane editors under windows can cope with unix style LF automatically anyway. I don't think anybody here is using notepad or vc.net, right? Derek
I disagree. The svn:eol-native property is good! It also keeps the CR characters out when new commits are done. Just don't set that property on non-ascii files.

It screws up my editor on text files... makes it a pain to try and do anything when using mingw/msys.
I would like to see eol-native removed from ALL files.