Re: Remove me from the buildbot mailing list

From: Christian Grothoff
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 23:19:50 +0200

Dear Yujiri,

I am very sorry for this, the big problem is that somehow the buildbot
tries to figure out who made changes to the Git for the notification
based on the commits --- and (often/sometimes/always?) gets this totally
wrong.

So far, we have been unable to teach it how to correctly identify the
'blame list'. That's only a partial excuse, the other one is that I was
not aware it was badly spamming even casual/history contributors (I
thought it was just not "narrow enough", not "bothers contributors that
contributed a long time ago").

As this is not a regular mailinglist (we didn't explicitly subscribe you
-- Buildbot by default (badly) scrapes the Git history), we cannot
simply "unsubscribe" you either. Hence, the only option I see right now
is to simply disable the notification feature entirely --- or at least
until someone can figure out how to fix it...

Again, sorry for the bother, and I'll look into this _next_.

Happy hacking!

Christian