Re: [GNUnet-developers] website and logo rework

From: Nils Gillmann
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] website and logo rework
Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 16:57:28 +0000

Schanzenbach, Martin transcribed 10K bytes:

…

> >> Not at all, the Git repository for the main page (under development) is
> >> at  https://gnunet.org/git/www.git/
> >>
> >> Now, the plan is that some parts will be generated, like the texinfo
> >> handbook in gnunet.git will be HTMLized and put online in the usual way,
> >
> > - where we agreed (I think?) for deploying them on docs.gnunet.org with some
> >  structure.
> >  I'd like to have documentation of more than just gnunet on there
> > (gnunet-gtk,
> >  gnunet-python, etc etc).
> >
> >> and the IRC bots (will/are being?) rewritten to avoid the Drupal-ness.
> >
> > - the plan here was to use what powers botbot.me, at least Devan porposed
> >   this.
> >
> >> Similarly, the goal is to convert the existing bibiography data to
> >> anonbib-style.  I don't know where the repos for those are (ng0 ought
> >> to), but they should be opened to all as soon as there is something there.
> >
> > - https://gnunet.org/git/gnunetbib.git/, which is progressing with extreme
> >  slowness (as is my work on anonbib itself), contributors *really* welcome
> >  and more than just wanted! basically you try to build the bib and see it
> > crash,
> >  track down the right link. enter data of gnunet, or something like that.
> >  It's been too long since I've looked at it. It's mostly selfexplanatory,
> > but
> >  if you are in doubt, ask on this list.
>
> Sorry for highjacking this thread but: When I tried a make I got a lot of
> errors regarding double quotes "}}" that were basically wrong. Did that
> happen in some kind of auto conversion?
> After fixing around 30 of those I get this error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "writeHTML.py", line 249, in <module>
>     writePageSet(config, bib, tag)
>   File "writeHTML.py", line 157, in writePageSet
>     cache_url_path=cache_url_path)
>   File "writeHTML.py", line 109, in writeHTML
>     base_url=root)
>   File "writeHTML.py", line 49, in writeBody
>     print >>f, e.to_html(cache_path=cache_path, base_url=base_url)
>   File "/Users/schanzen/gnunet/gnunetbib/BibTeX.py", line 603, in to_html
>     htmlAuthors = [ a.htmlizeWithLink() for a in self.parsedAuthor ]
> TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
> make: *** [all] Error 1
>
> BR

No, there was no auto conversion.

Okay, I just looked into this again. So basically I think I
took my work on anonbib upstream (tor), and based the repo
you find on gnunet.org on it. It's a little ahead in terms
of number of links being 404s fixed.
I also wrote a README for gnunet.

Hm.. the gnunet.bib was indeed the result of exporting from Drupal and then
adjusting to what the anonbib considers valid. Tags we have are not included
but should be applied later on.