Re: [GNUnet-developers] GNUnet copyright collections

From: ng0
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] GNUnet copyright collections
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 11:17:35 +0000

Sree Harsha Totakura <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear Developers,
>
> Some of you may have known that we have formed the GNUnet e.V. club (the
> 'e.V' stands for 'eingetragene Verein' meaning registered association)
> sometime ago for supporting GNUnet's development.  More information
> about the club is available here: https://gnunet.org/ev/
>
> The club has recently decided to collect copyrights on code contributed
> by you to GNUnet and/or its dependencies now or in the past.  This
> effort helps the club to centralize the copyrights and then be able to
> license GNUnet to be able to fund future development of GNUnet and
> similar efforts taken up by the club.
>
> For more information and discussion about the club's plans please join
> the club's annual meeting at the 33c3 congress:
> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2016/wiki/Session:GNUNet_e.V._meeting
> Previous registration for the meeting may be necessary.
>
> What I do ask from you in case you are planning to attend the congress
> and can join the meeting or meet Grothoff at some point, is to *print a
> copy of the attached copyright assignment and bring it with you* if you
> intend to sign it.
>
> To summarize, the copyright assignment says that you are willing to
> assign GNUnet e.V. the rights to use your contributions and you are
> indeed the one who contributed your contribution. It also assures that
> GNUnet e.V will keep the development of GNUnet remains free and open for
> all.
>
> In future, we may ask developers to sign the copyright with GPG
> signatures, but for now, we are collecting them on paper.
>
> Regards,
> Sree

I will not be present, as Congress is financially always out of
reach for me. We host a "Congress everywhere" at our hack.space,
so I'll be present on the 28th (I read mumble would be an
option).
So for those not present, how shall we do this paper based
copyright re-assignment?

A related question I do have, is the eV bound to some rights to
have (supposedly/real) ID Card names in the members.txt or could
this be changed at any moment? I'd like to change my name there
to the more well known pseudonym I contribute with, if possible.

Thanks,
--
♥Ⓐ  ng0
PGP keys and more: https://n0is.noblogs.org/ http://ng0.chaosnet.org