Re: [GNUnet-developers] Icon & other stuff

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Icon & other stuff
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 19:22:05 -0700

Dear Milan,

I'm not sure what's exactly "wrong" with the existing gnunet-gtk tray logo,
but of course suggestions for improvements are welcome.  Looking at your
icons, I don't think the shield is at all recognizable.  I don't think a key
or a shield are a problem with respect to GNU's philosophy -- the bigger
question for me is how the key would really relate to GNUnet (use of
encryption != key in my book).  I also wonder if an earth-network with the
GNU horns is not enough -- especially for 24x24...

For the Debian package: I've not tested the gdksu stuff recently.  If it is
stable, I'd certainly recommend to the Debian maintainers to enable it by
default.  Maybe they can comment on this?  Filing a bug report against the
Debian package certainly seems like the right thing to do.

Finally, there is a new *feature* that allows you to disable finding your own
content.  This is an option (!) in gnunet.conf (client configuration!).  The
idea is that you would usually NOT want to see what you are sharing as a
search result.  You can change the value using gnunet-setup.

Christian