[GNUnet-developers] Icon & other stuff

From: Milan
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] Icon & other stuff
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 13:19:41 +0100

Hi!

I've started to update our icon based on what Nils did for gnunet-qt's
about box. Here are two results, the one with the key (*b.png and *.svg)
is the way to go, I think. The question is: do you like those symbols
(key/shield can be opposed to GNU philosophy in a way, so they must be
presented clearly).

I have a problem: I can't make the earth fill all the icon until the
bottom because in this case the gnu horns are either too small
(ridiculous compared to the earh) or out of the icon. So I put the key
under the earth to work around that, but that may not be really nice.
What do you think? This icon is really nice in 48x48 and more, but in
22x22 (applications menu and system tray) maybe I should simplify it.

I have another issue about the Debian/Ubuntu gnunet-gtk package: would
it be worth compiling it by default with --enable-gksu so that the
feature I coded a while ago can be used? This would add a dependency,
but on Debian I think this is part of the standard system. AFAIK, this
feature was working last time I used a custom built from source version.
If you agree, I can open a bug so that they add this, on Linux this
would avoid using the command line to configure gnunetd.

Apart from that, GNUnet is working really well here, still a lack of
content though. ;-)
I experience a problem when indexing/inserting: I can't find the files I
added via any keywords I used, though everything seems to be working
well when publishing. How is it possible? Is there a way to check this?

Cheers

PNG image

PNG image

image/svg