Re: [GNUnet-developers] Problems with the massive translator

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Problems with the massive translator
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 16:15:30 -0500

On Wednesday 05 January 2005 15:48, Marcos D. Marado Torres wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> It's just to point out that:
>
> 1) in pages like http://www.ovmj.org/GNUnet/editor.php?xlang=Portuguese a
>     warning is shown:
>   Warning: vsprintf(): too few arguments in
>   /home/gnunet/GNUnet-docs/WWW/i18nhtml.inc on line 324

The reason is that you have to use "%%" to achieve a single percent sign, and
"%%%%" to achieve two percent signs.  Now, the translation that was provided
here had three ("%%%"), which then makes vsprintf unhappy.  I guess i18nHTML
should do some checking (upon commit) that the %-sequences in the translation
match the original sentence.  However, that is currently not the case.

> 2) Sequencial phrases translated with the massive translator lack a space
>     between them. Example: in http://www.ovmj.org/GNUnet/?xlang=Portuguese
> we see "do libextractor.Esta" instead of "do libextractor. Esta".

That's a bug in the W function.  Fixed.