Re: [GNUnet-developers] newbie Q: connecting ..

From: Jean Jordaan
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] newbie Q: connecting ..
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 19:12:54 +0200

Hi Igor

I'd say its pretty broken on your environment -

heh, yeah :]  I got a bit further --- managed to go from 0.4 something
to GNUnet v0.5.2a, but now I get:

Jun 15 19:05:47 Could not open library libgnunetafs_protocol.so (libgnunetafs_protocol.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)!

I haven't investigated properly yet, but this file is not in the install
log.

Most of those packages are totally bogus. There shouldn't be
any reason to need qt, tetex or postgresql.

I figured out where they were coming from .. with Gentoo you can specify
"USE flags" for your build environment, to compile with or without gtk
or ncurses support or whatever the package supports. The option that
was kicking in here is "doc": build extra documentation for the package
that is being installed. I hadn't done this before, and so the
dependencies of the doc-building process (tetex et al .. and apparently
postgres!) weren't installed. I turned the "doc" option off. The only
direct dependencies listed in the Gentoo build are:

DEPEND=">=dev-libs/openssl-0.9.6d
        >=sys-libs/gdbm-1.8.0
        =dev-libs/glib-1.2*
        =x11-libs/gtk+-1.2*
        >=dev-libs/libextractor-0.2.0"

which looks reasonable.

If there's a maintainer
for that package (similar to debian business, I don't know
gentoo),

There's bugs.gentoo.org, looser than Debian, but also effective.

Thanks!
Jean Jordaan