Re: [GNUnet-developers] newbie Q: connecting ..

From: Igor Wronsky
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] newbie Q: connecting ..
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 18:39:17 +0300 (EEST)

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003, Jean Jordaan wrote:

> I'm trying to test drive gnunet, and two things are puzzling me. One:
> starting 'gnunet -d' repeats this over and over, with now and again a
> "HELO: broadcast pointless: no hosts known" message:
> public2Hostkey: received invalid publicKey (size=19171)

I'd say its pretty broken on your environment - it shouldn't
do that. Without much else to go on, I'd try to change the
type of crypto module it uses (openssl,gcrypt,internal)
and see if it behaves any differently.

> Two: according to Gentoo Linux, the distro I use, the newest
> version of gnunet seems to have some huge dependencies (like
> qt, tetex and postgresql). Is this just Gentoo being overeager?

Most of those packages are totally bogus. There shouldn't be
any reason to need qt, tetex or postgresql. Some of the
others also sound highly suspicious. If there's a maintainer
for that package (similar to debian business, I don't know
gentoo), I think he should be asked about these.

Or just take the .bz2 from gnunet page and compile it yourself.

Igor