Re: GNU Herds mockup -- Matt proposed 'tone'

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: GNU Herds mockup -- Matt proposed 'tone'
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 14:50:29 +0100

Matt Lee wrote:
> Why would you possibly want to keep it impersonal?

Professional and research documentation is all written using an impersonal
tone. Classic jobsites use an impersonal tone. Government webs use an
impersonal tone too.

A 'personal' tone is only used by some types of "social networks", etc.

IMHO it is better do not have any offer than have offers which after filled
will not be maintained, just because the poster does not care any more due to
he was almost 'forced' to post it by that funny tone.  He was not serious when
he posted his offer!

Additionally, IMHO, GNU Herds must be an automatic machine not a human. We
must automatize anything which can be automatized.

--
As usual, any comment, correction, disagreement,...?

P.S.: I am going off line for a week.