Re: new quick and cool interface -- Proposal

From: Nicodemo Alvaro
Subject: Re: new quick and cool interface -- Proposal
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 21:17:26 -0400

On 3/16/09, Davi Leal <address@hidden> wrote:
> Matt Lee @ FSF has asked for improving the project usability, as depicted at
> http://gnuherds.org/gnu-herds-mockup.png
>
> First step to integrate that new user interface:
>
>  1) Make it easier to create a job offer.
>
>  2) Move the current "Home" page to a new one "Who we are?" page.
>
>  3) Create the new "Home" page with such new very quick and cool interface.

The only home page features I see is to add two navigation links from
the home page to the "List All Offers" and "Post new Offer" forms.

It sounds like he is making a suggestion that we list all the offers
(volunteer, job, and pledges) in one form, with "List all offers".
>From there you could list the offers and state which type they are.

It sounds like the "Post New Offer" link leads to a text that helps
the user decide which type of offer they are looking for.

His example states some improvements for the volunteer offer.
Currently, this form does not have a few of those fields. You could
change the "Short Description" to "Title of the Free Software Project"
and add a new field for the website of the project.

My conclusion is that by adding the link "Post new Offers" might make
it easier for people to realize they can make job, pledge, and
volunteer offers. The navigation bar links "FS * Offers" look fairly
vague, and do neither describe what FS is nor help to lead the user on
to make an offer. I think that is what you mean by make it easier to
create a job offer.

Is the "New job offer" form hard to use?

My interpretation is that those two new links go in the banner as
alternative navigation replacing "Free Software Association."

--
Nicodemo