Re: DB vs FS based webapp architectures -- web 2.0 -- RSS, etc.

From: Antenore Gatta
Subject: Re: DB vs FS based webapp architectures -- web 2.0 -- RSS, etc.
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 10:03:02 +0200

IMHO "web 2.0" is not a technology but a way to use the web technologies with
the goal of "enhance collaboration among users".

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_2.0

Yes you are right, I used the wrong term, it's not a technology, but it's even not just a way to use the web technologies with
the goal of "enhance collaboration among users". Definitively not.

Web 2.0 is in few words "Internet as a Platform" , http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2704,2286997,00.asp

I advice to everybody who is interested to read

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/oreilly/tim/news/2005/09/30/what-is-web-20.html
and this transcript http://talis-podcasts.s3.amazonaws.com/twt20080207_TimBL.html (Sir Tim Berners-Lee Talks with Talis about the Semantic Web).
http://www.paulgraham.com/web20.html

We should really think which technologies we should implement, how and why.

Antenore.

P.S.: Who want to chat with me I'm on gtalk, gizmo and skype always with the same login.