gnue-sb-discuss

[gnue-sb-discuss] Re: Roadmap

From: address@hidden
Subject: [gnue-sb-discuss] Re: Roadmap
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:42:22 +0100

Derek wrote:
"In short, GNUe SB will not do everything and work for everyone.  GNUe
proper will fit that role.  Rather GNUe SB will probably be highly geared
towards American companies and will go with the concept of KISS.  Building
the blocks then stacking them."

Ouch. It's the "American" part that stings the most. OTOH, I know that Italy
has some of the most byzantine laws on taxation ever devised, so who am I to
whine?

I'm afraid that Italian companies wont' be very happy with some sort of
GAAP-inspired accounting package, and I'm positive that most of the payroll
stuff won't be adaptable from the US rules into the Italian rules.

That said, I think everything else should work in Italy as well as USA. So, if
I bring my own traveling pillow and, er... bladder buster (what's a bladder
buster anyway? sounds nasty & painful!), can I come along?

One last remark re: TopSew. If it's the same embroidering company as
www.topsew.com (should be, the php logo in their showcase is a dead giveaway),
then I'm also interested in keeping up with their developments. Sounds like a
make-to-order and/or engineer-to-order business process might fit the way they
work.

Best,

Luca