gnue-sb-discuss

Re: [gnue-sb-discuss] Re: Roadmap

From: Derek Neighbors
Subject: Re: [gnue-sb-discuss] Re: Roadmap
Date: 26 Feb 2003 08:08:57 -0700

On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 07:42, address@hidden wrote:

> Ouch. It's the "American" part that stings the most. OTOH, I know that Italy
> has some of the most byzantine laws on taxation ever devised, so who am I to
> whine?

The main reason is the people I have dealt with so far are American
Businesses.  The problem with going 'international' is that dates,
addresses and several other things are drastically different.  In order
to support them you have to do lots of extra work.

The idea was 'early on', GNUe-SB wouldn't be overly concerned with this,
for the sake of getting something done quickly.  Certainly if we have a
large group of non-americans wishing to actively help, we are not
against be multi-national (in fact we encourage it).

> That said, I think everything else should work in Italy as well as USA. So,
> if I bring my own traveling pillow and, er... bladder buster (what's a
> bladder buster anyway? sounds nasty & painful!), can I come along?

That is what I figured.  That most of the stuff would be portable or
resuable regardless of location.  A bladder buster is 64 ounce soda
drink you can buy at a gas station here in the states.  They call it
bladder buster, cause if you drink 64 ounces of soda on a road trip your
bladder is likely to burst. ;)

> One last remark re: TopSew. If it's the same embroidering company as
> www.topsew.com (should be, the php logo in their showcase is a dead
> giveaway), then I'm also interested in keeping up with their developments.
> Sounds like a make-to-order and/or engineer-to-order business process might
> fit the way they work.

That is the topsew we speak of.

--
Derek Neighbors